Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Japanese Are More Daring

Spent a couple of hours looking at a Japanese street style website today and realized something:
Japanese street style isn't bad or tacky it's just more daring than what most of us are used to.

I didn't like everything i saw on the website (including guy-liner and guys in skirts), but there were some looks i liked so i saved tons of pictures, which are now cluttering my desktop, i may have to make an inspiration board in my room. Here are some of the photos i saved from the website. Pretty sure the website is japanesestreets.com (srry, i closed it down after i was done looking and didn't start the post 'til later)


These two looks aren't really any different from what you may see in the U.S., but I still love these simple looks.



Love all the nude and flowy material, just gorgeous, but not really over the top, you know?


I love the pattern mixing and pops of color, even though my wardrobe is being taken over by more and more black and white.


I want to copy the look of the girl on the bottom sooo bad, it's just adorable.


I love the layering!


I LOVE booth these looks, especially the on on the bottom, i can't get enough of leather jackets and batman T-shirts.


I love black outfits with pops of color!


I love the mixing of prints, textures and colors in these looks.

Japanese street style is pretty inspiring, and even though I won't be wearing some outfits as extreme (for lack of a better word) as theirs, I do want to take some ideas from them to amp up my own style.








No comments:

Post a Comment